Sunday, March 16, 2014

Alexa in Wanderland





The concept behind this comic was based on my favourite book, Alice in Wonderland and it is basically a short story of a dream where scenes from the book were actually happening to me. Some of the learning points which I took away from Scott McClouds "Understanding Comics - the Invisible Art" include the following. After reading about the many types of transition methods, I decided to try on some of the not so common ones like scene to scene transition which would involve deductive reasoning from the viewer, aspect to aspect transition at the tea party and the non-sequitur transition for the first few parts of page 3. I also tried to make use of the gutter in order to create suspense and mystery as well as fracture time and space to match the theme of a dream which is the basis of my comic. I played around with the lengths and shapes of the panel such as by including longer panels to create a feeling of longer time as seen on the first page as well as borderless panels and bleeding into different panels to give off a sense of chaos and madness, the key motif and essence of the book Alice in Wonderland. In order to depict action of the characters with drama, I incorporated motion lines into the style of the drawings. The text used in the novel are mainly original quotes from the book itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment